FESTIVAL REGISTRATION - Non competitive instance:
- APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION:
To participate you must send, before March 25, 2023, the following material:
1) Application form, completed and signed (all pages) A form must be submitted for each chosen category. If you wish to compete in both categories, you must send two forms with your respective repertoire
2) Brief resume of the conductor (in Word format - 300 words maximum) and of the choir (in Word format - 300 words maximum)
3) Two recent digital photos of the choir and the conductor in high resolution (in color jpeg format)
4) Recent recording (audio or video link) with a minimum of 15 minutes of a cappella classical and popular music, together with all the scores of all recorded works
5) Festival program proposal (in Word format) that meets the requirements mentioned in the item "Festival repertoire requirements", including:
- lists of proposed works,
- duration of each,
- full names and dates of the composers and arrangers,
- translations into Spanish of all those compositions in other languages,
- copies of all scores, complete and legible, of the proposed programs.
Note: The organization does not provide instruments except those of the Juan Victoria Auditorium (piano and organ)
This proposal may be modified respecting the repertoire requirements until May 15, 2023.
6) List of members, including full name and surname, ID, age and section (in a Word or Excel table). This list may be modified for reasons of force majeure until May 15, 2023.
7) Payment of the single registration fee that will be paid when the choir receives notification of participation from the Artistic Committee: 40 USD (US dollars) for each singer, except only the conductor.
The copy of the payment voucher must be sent by email to [email protected].
The deposit must be made in the following bank account:
Coro Arturo Beruti
San Juan Bank
Caja de Ahorro en pesos No. 500-207795/4
CBU No.: 0450500602800020779548
The data consigned in the application form have the value of an affidavit.
Incomplete submissions or submissions after March 25, 2023 will not be accepted.
The complete documentation must be sent by email to [email protected] or by post mail to:
María Elina Mayorga - SAN JUAN CANTA
PasaJe Cervantes 1625 - MZ 1 - CASA 7 - Barrio SMATA
5400 San Juan
The material sent will not be returned. All registered choirs must await notification of admission by the Organizing Committee.
- REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS:
The program of works to be performed at the Festival concerts will be freely chosen by each choir.
The organization does not provide instruments nor is it responsible for their transportation or care.
Traditional instruments for accompaniment are allowed. The use of traditional or folkloric clothing from each country is welcome.
No amplification or encores are allowed.
It is not allowed to dance on the stage of the Juan Victoria Auditorium.
MANDATORY WORK, OUT OF COMPETITION:
All the choirs of SAN JUAN CANTA (in Festival and Competition) must participate in the Closing Concert, performing the mandatory work (it will be informed). It must be studied in advance, it will be rehearsed previously and it will be performed as the closing work of SAN JUAN CANTA under the direction of a prestigious guest conductor.
Any questions about these requirements will be answered by prior consultation with the President of the Artistic Committee Prof. María Elina Mayorga ([email protected]) or will be resolved by the Jury. The decision will be final and unappealable.
The Artistic Committee will select the choirs that will participate in the Festival based on the documents and demos received.
The choirs will be notified of the selection result on March 30, 2023.
The list of choirs that will participate will be informed by email to the applicants and will be published through this website, the press and social networks.
- SELECTED CHOIRS - FINAL REGISTRATION:
The choirs selected for the Festival must ratify their participation until April 15, 2023 by reliable communication, sending a note of commitment to participate and comply with the Regulations to the Organizing Committee, and a copy of the final registration deposit.
- REGISTRATION FEE:
The registration fee is USD 30 (thirty American dollars) per person, excluding the conductor only, and includes:
- Certificates of participation
- Free access to all concerts
- General information on the activities agenda
- Welcome cocktail
- Farewell cocktail
You must pay the registration fee in a single deposit for the corresponding total in the following bank account:
Bank of America
6735 Conroy Windermere Suite 406, Orlando, Florida, 32835
BANK OF AMERICA
4725 S Kirkman Rd, Orlando, FL 32811
Bank Account Number: 898131296063
Bank Routing Number: 026009593
Swift Code: BOFAUS6S
This registration fee will be paid only by the selected choirs after receiving the corresponding notification.
We would appreciate a single payment for the total registration of the choir members.
- TRANSPORTATION AND ACCOMMODATION EXPENSES:
Totally at the expense of each participating choir, from and to their city of origin and during their stay.
The organization will provide hotel, gastronomic and tourist information to guide the participants, who will be able to freely choose their accommodation according to their economic possibilities and interests.
We are ready to offer all our help to facilitate your participation and make your concert tour an unforgettable experience. See Ruta Coral Sudamericana.
We also suggest contacting our official agent:
- Turismo Vittorio - Ms. Madalina Serban. Mobile / WhatsApp: +54 9 2644 36-9935. Email: [email protected].
- CHORAL ACTIVITIES SCHEDULE:
1) Mandatory activities:
• Accreditation: Thursday, June 15, 2023, at 12:00 at the San Juan Canta office (address to be confirmed).
• Welcome cocktail: brief performance by all the choirs on Thursday, June 15 at 8:00 pm.
• Choral fraternity concerts: (two in total) in schools, museums and cultural spaces according to schedule on June 15 and 16, 2023. The Competition Jury may invite one of the Festival choirs to perform at the Closing Gala Concert scheduled for Monday, June 19, 2023.
• Concert at the Juan Victoria Auditorium on Saturday 17 or Sunday 18 June 2023.
• Festival Gala Concert on June 19 at 8:00 pm.
• Closing Ceremony by all the choirs and Grand Gala Concert (the winning choirs of the Contest sing in the Juan Victoria Auditorium) and Joint Closing including the FESTIVAL choirs performing the imposed work: Monday, June 19, 2023.
• Rehearsals of the imposed work
2) Optional activities:
Lectures and improvement workshops open to conductors, singers and musicians in general who wish to participate individually. These activities are optional for the members of the choirs, for which they must fill out the corresponding registration application.
Choral contacts in other provinces and bordering countries are offered to choirs that wish to additionally perform other concerts before or after the SAN JUAN CANTA festival. Please visit: Ruta Coral Sudamericana.
- PRELIMINARY GENERAL SCHEDULE (subject to change):
Thursday, June 15th:
Free morning and afternoon: optional touristic and leisure activities according to the choir schedule
12 pm: Accreditation of the participants (San Juan Canta´s office) Drawing of the order of performance for Contestants in the office of the Competition in the Auditorio Juan Victoria and delivery of the seven (7) required bound copies of the entire repertoire proposed for the Contest.
- Morning and afternoon: Choral fraternity concerts in schools, museums and various halls of the city and its surroundings.
- 8.00 pm: Welcome cocktail. Choral Round
Friday, June 16th:
- Morning and afternoon: Choral Fraternity Concerts in schools, museums and various halls of the city and its surroundings
- 3.00pm Rehearsal of the mandatory work (out of competition)
- 8.30pm: Choral fraternity concerts. Open to the public
Saturday, June 17th:
- Workshops and lectures
- Soundcheck (will be distributed equally among the contestants and informed in a timely manner)
- 3.00pm: Rehearsal of the mandatory work (out of competition)
- 8.30 pm Concerts of Festival and Competition at Auditorio Juan Victoria. Category Universal choral repertoire. Open to the public
Sunday, June 18th:
- Free morning and afternoon: optional touristic and leisure activities according to the choir schedule
- Workshops and lectures
- 3.30pm: Rehearsal of the mandatory work
- 8.30 pm: Concerts of Festival and Competition at Auditorio Juan Victoria. Category Popular, folk and/or traditional choral music. Open to the public
Monday, June 19th:
- Workshops and lectures
- Free morning and afternoon: optional touristic and recreational activities according to the choir schedule
- 10 am: Extraordinary Session of the Jury, notification of the winning choirs. Determination of order of performance for the Closing Ceremony and Grand Gala Concert of the winners at the Auditorio Juan Victoria
- 3.30pm: Rehearsal of the mandatory work
- 8.00 pm: Closing Ceremony and Grand Gala Concert of the Winners at the Auditorio Juan Victoria. Closing joint performance of the mandatory work under the direction of a prestigious guest conductor.
- Farewell party
Tuesday, June 20th:
- Free morning and afternoon: optional touristic and recreational activities
- The departure of the choirs and special guests.
- GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE FESTIVAL:
The choirs commit to respect these Rules and to accomplish all of the programmed activities, not being allowed to perform any other concerts in San Juan other than those that take part in the Competition.
It is compulsory to respect punctuality and attendance to all of the competition’s activities, as well as the obligatory deference towards performance duration.
In case that a visa or other entry paperwork is needed, each choir will be responsible for those.
The organization will help the applicants by sending an official invitation letter to anyone who requires it.
There will be no reimbursements under any circumstances after the definitive application.
The organization may modify the activities and schedule for reasons of force majeure.
When applying all the choirs and artists involved yield absolutely and freely to the organizers all legal rights to photograph and record all performances; as well as to produce CD and/or DVD, publish and/or broadcast through any means their performances, among other aims.
The organizers take no responsibility for any kind of accident, disease, loss of luggage or other traveling risks that could occur during SAN JUAN CANTA, International Choral Competition and Festival. We suggest taking all precautions through travel insurance that foresees any medical and/or legal situation before your arrival in San Juan.
The organization has the power to determine the rescheduling or cancellation of scheduled activities, within the framework of the health measures corresponding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The organizers do not assume any responsibility in the event of programming changes or cancellations due to force majeure.
Any interpretation concern will be resolved on the official drafting in Spanish.
Any situation not considered in this Regulations will be resolved unilaterally by the Organizing Committee and its decision will be final and unappealable.
Organizer: Coro Arturo Beruti Asociacion Civil
President: Sergio Daniel Fernández
Address: Pasaje Cervantes 1625 - Mz. 1 Casa 7 - Barrio SMATA
5400 - San Juan, Argentina
Phone: +54 9 264 4525301
Email: [email protected]
Coro Arturo Beruti
Presidente of the Artistic Committee: Professor María Elina Mayorga